...taking a journey through life, attempting to fit all the pieces of this puzzle together...

PLEASE NOTE...this is my personal blog with my personal feelings...


21 May, 2010

...Love???

What does it mean to love? Better yet what does it mean to love someone else?

Love is one of those words that we hear so often. Sometimes it’s thrown out there loosely. Other times there is some type of meaning behind it. I thought I was in love once, when I was in high school. I now look back onto that experience and ask myself what the hell I was thinking. Now that I am older I see that situations as me simply wanting to be accepted. I often ask the question of “how does to feel to be loved?”, and often times people will say well I love you. But that is coming from a friend or a family member. When I ask that question I’m asking from a better half prospective. I’m asking as if this is someone I would potentially want to have a family with, someone to spend the rest of my life with. So I ask again how it feels to be loved. Better yet how does it feel to love someone else?

We as people often confuse love with other types of emotions. Sometimes we are missing things in our life and someone comes along and we feel that they are filling some type of void. But in actuality they are just assisting us with covering up what’s really going on. I think we need to learn who we are before we “decided” to be in love with someone, right? You know that phrase you need to take care of yourself before you can take care of someone else.

Love is something that should not be taking lightly. There is a very thin line between love and hate. There is a very thin line between love and lust. Love can make people do things they never thought they would do. If you don’t know the difference you can lose yourself in what you consider as love. More people should take time out before they “decide” that they are in love. It’s something that should be approached very slowly because we do confuse what we are feeling.

I never thought anyone would love me, nor did I think I could truly love someone else. It’s just one of those things I feel is a very big responsibility that I wasn’t sure that I was ready for. But as I grow into the person that I am and the person that I am destined to be, I feel that I could truly love someone else, and better yet allow someone else to truly love me. I guess that is a part of growing up. You do simply that “grow”. You grow into your emotions, you grow in your feelings, and you grow as a person.

So with that I leave you with two beautiful love songs by Jose James. These are the types of songs you didn't think people made anymore. The type of songs that make you smile as you listen to them....ENJOY!

http://www.josejamesmusic.com/




No comments: