...taking a journey through life, attempting to fit all the pieces of this puzzle together...

PLEASE NOTE...this is my personal blog with my personal feelings...


14 May, 2010

What do you regret?

REGRETS

According to Merriam-Webster
transitive verb
1 a : to mourn the loss or death of /b : to miss very much
2 : to be very sorry for

intransitive verb : to experience regret

Its funny how within life, we have a tendency to look at things as either black or white. We never seem to leave much room for any kind of grey matter. It either is or it isn’t (well at least in my life). Within my time on this earth there are two things that I can say I regret. The crazy part is one of those things may not ever affect me later in life. It just may be one of those things that disappear, unless I become famous or something (BLAH). And the other, is one of those WOW types of situations. It’s you asking yourself after the facts like WOW how did this happen. You engage in the type of conversations with yourself, like, I know I’ve lived my life right, right? I try to live my life so that I set an example, and BAM you’re knocked off your feet. You’re sitting staring at the stars and birds circling around your head like in a cartoon. Asking your self is this really my reality? WTF.

I mean at the time you thought that was the best thing for you at that moment, RIGHT? It felt good right? You were happy right? It sent tingles through your spine right? After it was over, didn’t you have a big smile on your face :-D RIGHT!!!, and then as the days past reality sets in and you start to sulk in your own self pity.

So I said all of that to say this…LIFE can change on you. Just when you thought you were going down the right track something comes up. And in most cases that something is something that makes you say why me. And if you are anything like me you blame yourself for it. You think about how it could have been different. What did you do wrong? But, in a lot of these situations there was someone else that may have played a role in leading you down a certain path. (Now, I’m not saying blame others for your actions. Because when in the case where someone else is involved you have to look at the part you played.) I’ve learned that you can’t always beat yourself up about everything that you feel is going wrong in your life. That’s a part of life. You’re going to make mistakes. You’re going to do something that feels right at that moment and may regret that situation later. You’re even going to do something that you know was not right for you at that moment but you know what it *ucking felt good.

In the end were supposed to learn from our mistakes and in some cases the mistakes of others. Life is a learning lesson. You’re going to win some and you’re going to lose some. Hell you may even come out even in a lot of things. But in the end you grow. You grow into a stronger and wiser person.

Moral of the story: Don’t live your life with regrets! Enjoy your time on this earth and work with whatever situation that’s thrown your way. That’s how you learn to live. You pick and keep going!

No comments: