...taking a journey through life, attempting to fit all the pieces of this puzzle together...

PLEASE NOTE...this is my personal blog with my personal feelings...


16 October, 2010

Will you go out with me YES or NO...

Remember when dating was this simple? When you didn't have to think about it? You didn't have to wonder rather he was going to say yes or no! Or how about when you didn't even care, you just went on about your day and later in recess you made sure you threw something at him. Yep, I want to go back to when things were more simple.

Now that were older, we ponder over rather or not you're even going to say something. You spend countless hours thinking about someone that has no clue they have captured your thoughts.

I just want to go back to playing M.A.S.H (mansion, attack, shack, house) with my friends and not cyper stalking dude on the internet, or that game when you matched the letters up of your first names...
   AEIOU    JANE+JOHN
   12345
+11010    yeah, I got a double match, were going to be together for ever!!!
  23355
When you doodled his last name on yours and didn't care who saw it. You picked out how many kids you were going to have and what song was going to play during your first dance at your wedding. Yes, my song was Etta James "At Last" as long as I can remember this was going to be my first dance song, I loved her voice even as a child. Matter of fact "Sunday Kind of Love" (i want a sunday kind of love. I love that last past saturday night. and I'd like to know it's more than love at first sight) was going to be my next choice lol...

Now we get caught up in the politics of relationships. Then they were really a 50/50 thing. You put your all into him and vice verse like yeah.  When all you did was sit in someones front yard and kicked it, then maybe ventured over to the local park. Once in a while you went to the movies with "your FRIENDS" just to sit in the back and play suckey face. Yeah I want to go back to when dating was simple.

It seems that somewhere in high school we lost this. We started to learn how to play the "game". We forgot how to just be in a relationship. We carry so much baggage that its hard for us to take it back to when it was this simple. We worry what they are thinking instead of just asking. We start assuming due to our insecurities. We leave out the details. We forget how to just be. We forget how to compromise for our better half. We carry the burdens of every relationship we've been in like its an extra arm. We want the next person to be just like the last person even though the last person didn't work. Or we want the next person to be better than the last person but we don't know what it is that we really want. I'm a strong believer in you need to learn how to take care of your self before you can take care of someone else. How will you know what you want from someone else if you don't know what you want from your self. How can you be still with someone else when you can't understand your own thoughts.

Man, I want to go back to when it was as simple as, will you go out with me yes or no, will you be my boyfriend yes or no!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, that's it the next relationship I'm in is going to work just like that. As simple as a little note, on a piece of folded paper, with two check boxes.  Then were going to kick it at a park. Go to the movies and play suckey face. Were going to sit and stare at each other like were stupid. Were going to talk about nothing at all. We going to share our thoughts and take it back to when things were just this simple.

1 comment:

cca said...

I remember all of these games. This is when dating was fun and not a job. I agree that people take relationships too serious now. I myself have fallen victim to this time after time. Thanks to this blog my next relationship is going to blossom on its own and have time to breath. Thanks Mo