...taking a journey through life, attempting to fit all the pieces of this puzzle together...

PLEASE NOTE...this is my personal blog with my personal feelings...


16 May, 2012

Day 5: 30 Day Challenges Letter, Picture, and Music...

#30daychallenge Check out the Original Post with all the details for the challenge here.

Day 5

Letter: Write a letter to your dreams...

My darling dreams...sometimes you scare me. It feels like your going to fast and I don't know which way is up. What I can say is that you have always been constant and you've never lacked the drive. Sometime I fight and I remain in a constant battle with my mind and my heart on were I should proceed with you next. Thank you for never giving up and always being the one thing I can always count on to keep me going. It's funny how some days I wake up and realize that my latest dreams are no longer dreams and are being lived out day to day by me...and you've moved on to the next thing to keep me motivated and pushing. I will never stop dreaming and making goals for myself.  Dreaming is the beginning, the goal is the reality, and making my dreams become my reality is my everyday hustle :-P

-Monique

Picture: Childhood Memory

This is a picture of my Great Grandfather and myself, it's been the background picture on my phone for about 4 years now. I was 4 years old when this was snapped. He was born on July 4, 1916 and he past away on April 2, 2002. He walked this earth for 85 years. I'm pretty sure the reason why we took this picture was because I had a band aid on and knowing me it wasn't anything under it.  The reason why I chose this picture as my childhood memory was because every year like clock work we went to see my Granddaddy Harold around his birthday. It was a summer trip I always looked forward to. He lived right behind a rail road track and had a pecan tree in his backyard. So the sound of a train horn and the smell, feel and taste of pecans are very nostalgic to me. Every year when we visited my cousins and I would always come home with a jar full of change because he didn't like change and would just throw it in a jar when he came home. His dollar's were always crisp like they were just printed at a  factory. I miss his stories and the smell of his pipe as seen above in this picture. Because I was in college at the time I wasn't able to attend his funeral :-(  But every time I pick up my phone I see this picture and I am reminded and flooded with all his memories...

Music: A Song That Reminds you of Someone...


This song reminds me of him even when I don't want it to...You're not good for me not even as a friend and I've never even shared something as simple as a kiss you you...


No comments: